Timmy G Wins His Second Media Racing Challenge at New Hampshire Motor Speedway
With New England’s only NASCAR weekend just a few weeks away, New Hampshire Motor Speedway (NHMS) teamed up with NASCAR Racing Experience to host media on Friday for a taste of what’s to come. Media members from New England and beyond took part in the sixth annual Media Racing Challenge, and it was Timmy “Timmy G” Gorham of The Wicked Fast Podcast out of Boston, Mass. who took home the win.
“It feels great to be back up at New Hampshire Motor Speedway getting ready for the Crayon 301, but more importantly, the first-ever repeat champ with the Media Racing Challenge, so that’s really cool,” said Gorham. “This was a really cool experience meeting other media members and being back up here. It’s really, really fun, so thank you.”
The Media Racing Challenge winner was determined by the top speed achieved on the 1.058-mile track. Gorham was the fastest media member around the track reaching a top speed of 140.82 mph, while Billy Thomas of Rivalry Family Media (140.80 mph), Kyle Belcher (139.92 mph) of the Loose is Fast Podcast, Dan Walker (139.21 mph) of the Loose is Fast Podcast and Kevin Wiles Jr. (139.01 mph) of WCVB-TV/ABC 5 rounded out the top five.
Gorham was honored with a traditional NHMS victory lane celebration, complete with a trophy, $100 gift card to Makris Lobster and Steak House and, of course, a live lobster, also provided by Makris Lobster and Steak House. Though a bit smaller than 20-pound Loudon the Lobster, who will be presented to the winner of the Crayon 301 NASCAR Cup Series (NCS) race at NHMS on July 16, the eight-pound crustacean was proudly hoisted high up into the air by Gorham.
Not only did the participants get a taste of what it’s like being a race car driver, they also sampled two uniquely New England food items that were crafted by the chefs of NHMS’s catering partner Levy: a Maple Glazed DoBurger and a Whoopie Pie Honey Nutter. Garnering 66.67% of the votes, the Maple Glazed DoBurger won as the favorite of the two and will be available for race fans to purchase at an NHMS concession stand July 14-16.
- Timmy G (The Wicked Fast Podcast | Boston, Mass.) – 140.82 mph
- Billy Thomas (Rivalry Family Media | Leominster, Mass.) – 140.80 mph
- Kyle Belcher (The Loose is Fast Podcast | Providence, R.I.) – 139.92 mph
- Dan Walker (The Loose is Fast Podcast | Providence, R.I.) – 139.21 mph
- Kevin Wiles Jr. (WCVB-TV/ABC 5 | Needham, Mass.) – 139.01 mph
- Justin McIsaac (WGIR-AM 610 | Manchester, N.H.) – 138.22 mph
- Stephen Durham (Race Pro Weekly | New Lebanon, N.Y.) – 137.33 mph
- Bob Bianchi (WSMN 95.3 FM/1590 AM | Nashua, N.H.) – 136.22 mph
- Dave Moulthrop (Speed Sport, Area Auto Racing News & Berkshire Media Motorsports | Great Barrington, Mass.) – 136.00 mph
- Bob Bartis (WSMN 95.3 FM/1590 AM | Nashua, N.H.) – 135.10 mph
- Fred Kfoury III (Icon Sportswire | Tulare, Calif.) – 131.77 mph
- Norm Pelletier (The Loose is Fast Podcast | Providence, R.I.) – 130.67 mph
- Malcolm Hope (Icon Sportswire | Tulare, Calif.) – 130.56 mph
- Lori Jo Rich (The Racing Connection | West Newfield, Maine) – 129.36 mph
- Jeff Rich (The Racing Connection | West Newfield, Maine) – 128.74 mph
- Josh Spaulding (Salmon Press Newspapers | Lakes Region and North, N.H.) – 127.88 mph
- Ian Brownhill (Actor, Model and Content Creator | East Greenwich, R.I.) – 122.53 mph
New England’s only NASCAR weekend is July 14-16 at NHMS. On-track action kicks off Friday with practice and qualifying sessions for the NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS) and Whelen Modified Tour (NWMT) plus Friday Night Dirt Duels at The Flat Track. The action continues with NCS qualifying, the Ambetter Health 200 NXS race and Mohegan Sun 100 NWMT race on Doubleheader Saturday and culminates with the NCS taking on “The Magic Mile” Sunday for the Crayon 301. Don’t miss all of the exciting off-track action including Race Day Live with Kenny Wallace and John Roberts, The Groove fan hangout, concerts from Dirty Deeds and Shot of Poison, family movie night featuring “Top Gun: Maverick,” driver appearances, a variety of live performances, fireworks and much more.
For a NASCAR weekend schedule, visit NHMS.com/Events/NASCAR-Cup-Series/Schedule/.
Log on to NHMS.com for tickets and more information on the weekend’s lineup of action-packed racing. Tickets for Friday Night Dirt Duels start at just $25 for adults and $10 for kids 12 and under. Doubleheader Saturday tickets start at just $45 for adults while kids 12 and under are free. Sunday’s Crayon 301 tickets start at just $59 for adults and $10 for kids 12 and under.
Keep track of all of New Hampshire Motor Speedway’s events by following on Facebook (@NHMotorSpeedway), Twitter (@NHMS) and Instagram (@NHMS). Keep up with all the latest information on the speedway website (NHMS.com) and mobile app.