Answers to some frequently asked questions.
Before reviewing the FAQs, here are a few basic pieces of information to make race day easier and more affordable:
- Parking is free on-site in our general lots, and we offer Premium Parking right next to the Concord Grandstand. There are some off-site parking lots that charge money, but they are not controlled nor secured by NHMS.
- Where can I see the drivers?
- How do I get a pre-race pit pass and what is it?
- Can I buy a pre-race pit pass for a day other than Sunday?
- What's the difference between a hot and cold pass? How do I get one?
- When will you announce who is performing the pre-race concert?
- I'm camping. What can I do for a shower?
- Can I pitch a tent and camp? What are the camping rules?
- I'm attending the race with someone with a physical disability? How do we get around?
Where can I see the drivers?
- There are several opportunities to get close to drivers. As the event approaches, login to the NHMS mobile app and click Fan Info/Driver Appearances for an updated schedule or visit the Driver Appearances page on our website. There are often some opportunities around the Fan Zone.
Not all events are organized by the track and some could be cancelled without notification. Please be respectful of the drivers and understand there is no guarantee of autographs, photos, or a meet-and-greet.
- Another great opportunity would be to purchase a pre-race pit pass that will give you great access into the infield for the full experience of race preparation. This doesn't guarantee a meeting with a driver, but does put fans in the same area as them on race day.
How do I get a Pre-Race Pit Pass and what is it?
- Pre-race pit passes are available for purchase under the "Tickets" section of NHMS.com. You can also call (603) 783-4931 for more information.
- Pre-Race Pit Passes allow visitors access to the infield on Sunday morning before the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race to check out the cars on pit-road and get frontstage for the pre-race concert. There are four crossover gates between the frontstretch and the grandstands to allow easy access. Once the gates are closed, fans would need to walk out through the Turn 2 tunnel to exit the infield.
Can I buy a pit pass for a day other than Sunday?
- No. While Sunday is the busiest day for our fans, it's not that busy in the infield as all of the other series clear out after their Saturday races. This gives fans more space to maneuver, so we can allow them to access the infield during the pre-race. On the other days, there are so many haulers, cars, drivers and crews that there isn't enough space to safely allow fans to roam.
What's the difference between a Hot and Cold pass? How do I get one?
- Hot and Cold passes are credentials issued by NASCAR and are not available to the general public. People with these credentials are track officials, team employees, media and other people with special approval from NASCAR.
- The difference is that a Hot pass allows access to all parts of the infield at any time (unless the garage is under quarantine). A Cold pass prohibits Cup garage and/or pit road access when the track is "hot." In general, the track is considered "hot" beginning 30 minutes before the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series takes the track, be it practice or qualifying, and 90 minutes before the actual race.
When will you announce who is performing the pre-race concert?
- Pre-race entertainment for the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race is usually announced 4-8 weeks before the race.
I'm camping. What can I do for a shower?
- NHMS has the state-of-the-art F.W. Webb Bath Center. This is located between S2 and S3 right outside the Turn 2 tunnel to the track.
- Showers are free at the F.W. Webb Bath Center.
- ZMax will provide a shuttle bus to the Bath Center. Shuttle hours are as follows:
Thurs - 6-10 a.m. and 5-9 p.m.
Fri, Sat - 5-10 a.m. and 5-9 p.m.
Sun - 5-10 a.m. ONLY (no evening shuttle)
Can I pitch a tent and camp? What are the camping rules?
- Tent camping is allowed in the designated S7 lot only. It is first-come, first-served and opens on Thursday of race week at 6 a.m. Once full, tenters will be directed to nearby campgrounds. The cost is $90 for the weekend.
I'm attending the race with someone with a disability. How do we get around?
- Fans with mobility issues are advised to review the Accessibility Guide which is available on both NHMS.com and the mobile app. We offer golf cart shuttles for people with disabilities on race weekends. To request a ride, please call our Operations department at (603) 513-5726.
Should you have further questions, please don't hesitate to call Guest Services at (603) 783-4931.