As a NASCAR reporter, the most enjoyable day at the race track for me was always Friday because that's when the top-12 drivers were herded into the media center for questions and answers.
Regardless of the topic, you knew at least one of the 12 drivers interviewed would say something funny or at least profound enough to make note for future use.
1. "I don't know what his problem is with me but it's probably not his fault. His wife wears the fire suit in the family and tells him what to do."
-- Joey Logano on his run in with Kevin Harvick
2. "The guys at Hendrick are pretty boys and get on People magazine covers and that's their job," he said. "My job is to go out and race cars and that's what I focus on."
-- Kurt Busch of his competitors at Hendrick Motorsports
3. "Do they not allow it? They allow Viagra so I'm guessing they would allow more than that. If it gets a little more out of control, we might have to do something. Start passing some out."
-- Jeff Gordon on condom sponsors in NASCAR
4. "She is craving ice, which I guess is typical but there are certain smells that are driving her nuts. I had a house full of deer jerky this week and that is not on the list of good things."
-- Ryan Newman on is expecting wife Krissie Newman
5. "Everybody was asking who the hell is Jimmie Johnson and why did Rick Hendrick hire him? I was thinking the same thing, but I wasn't going to say it out loud."
-- Jimmie Johnson on thoughts before his first win
6. "I hate to be 43 years old and still learning, but I am still learning."
-- Jeff Burton on wrecking Jeff Gordon in Texas.
7. "What would you do? Answer that. I asked you. You asked me. Did you have any hope? You didn't answer -- that's what I thought."
-- Clint Bowyer on having hopes of winning his last appeal to overturn NASCAR's infractions that cost him a possible championship
8. "They ask you a question; you don't know how to answer it. You answer it. That's not the answer we were looking for. Well, what did you ask me for? You know, it's complicated sometimes. But it's better than sitting at home not having anything to do, figuring out what you're trying to do for next year."
-- Kyle Busch on his first experience with reality television
9. "I hope I have the horseshoe. If I have the horseshoe I'm happy; hope you can't find it."
-- Kevin Harvick after claiming it was Johnson who had a lucky horse shoe up his a**
10. "I think I actually hit somebody with the checkered flag. I threw it, didn't fly like I wanted it to. Somebody got the checkered flag."
-- Carl Edwards after his win in Phoenix this season
The opinions expressed are solely those of the writer.