Renegade Playground Challenge Invades NHMS
Renegade Playground Challenge Video Preview
Mud. Sweat. Cheers. All are to be expected on Saturday, Oct. 12 during the Renegade Playground Challenge - New Hampshire Motor Speedway style.
That's right, for the fourth straight year the off-road, 5k+ obstacle course will be at the Magic Mile, utilizing more than four miles of the speedway's camping and parking lots, as well as the wooden terrain that makes NHMS one of the most scenic stops on the NASCAR circuit.
Competitors will face over 30 obstacles, including:
- Mount Mud: Large mud pile competitors must climb over
- Broken Ribs: Swinging racing tires
- Nut Cracker: Jersey barriers
- Iron Maiden: 100-yard up-to-your-waist pond crossing (through leeches, snakes and mud)
- Fountain of Youth: Popsicles, super-soakers, sprinklers and more
- King of the Hill: A mountain of hay
Registration closes on Thursday, Oct. 10, 11:59 p.m. The cost is $85 before the deadline and $100 after. Registration will be allowed on-site (cash only). Competitors will be able to choose from a number of different start times, beginning at 9 a.m. Check out the website for more details.
The Renegade Playground Challenge is a 5k-ish run that takes place on an off-road course over rough and rugged terrain. This isn't your ordinary 5k run down quiet, tree-lined streets. This one is actually fun, and involves things like obstacles, mud holes, water, trails, walls to climb, beer, mud and music.