Roush Fenway Racing’s Trevor Bayne will miss the NASCAR Nationwide Series Bubba Burgers 250 on Friday at Richmond International Raceway as he has been hospitalized to undergo tests for symptoms, including fatigue and nausea, thought to be related to the insect bite suffered earlier this month, according to a Roush Fenway Racing spokesman.

Bayne is fifth in the Nationwide Series standings. His replacement will be from the Roush Fenway Racing stable – which includes Greg Biffle, Matt Kenseth, David Ragan, Brian Ickler and Chris Buescher – and will be announced later Thursday.

“Trevor was not feeling well early this week and he is currently being evaluated for lingering symptoms that may be related to his previous insect bite,” Roush Fenway president Steve Newmark said in a statement.

Roush Fenway Racing spokesman Kevin Woods said he could not release the name of the hospital where Bayne is undergoing the tests. The tests will keep him out of the race Friday, and will be a blow to Bayne’s championship hopes as the 20-year-old was just four points behind series points leader Justin Allgaier.

The No. 16 car must run in order to keep one of the guaranteed starting spots for those in the top 30 in owners points.

Bayne, who won the season-opening Daytona 500 with Wood Brothers Racing in NASCAR’s Sprint Cup Series, was not scheduled to run the Cup race this weekend.

“Unfortunately Trevor will not be available to drive the No. 16 Ford for us this weekend in the Nationwide race at Richmond,” Newmark said. “As of now, our plans are to use a substitute driver from the Roush Fenway family of drivers in place of Trevor at Friday night’s race. Obviously Trevor wanted to be in Richmond and he’s upset about not being able to compete. However, his health is our top priority and we insisted that he have these tests to get to the bottom of his symptoms.

Bayne was treated and released from the hospital about three weeks ago after a reaction from an apparent insect bite on his left elbow that he suffered earlier that week while at home in North Carolina. The swelling in his elbow had gone down and a few days after the release from the hospital Bayne said he felt fine.