In one of the most back-and-forth battles we've seen this season, Kurt Busch held off another dominant day from Jimmie Johnson at Martinsville Speedway to win the STP 500 for the 25th NASCAR Sprint Cup Series victory of his career. The Outlaw took down Six-Time, making him the sixth different driver in the first six weeks of the season to find a spot in Victory Lane.
Here's a look at the MMPR heading into Race 7 at Texas Motor Speedway on Sunday:
1. Dale Earnhardt Jr. - His fourth top-three finish in the first six races of the season, last week's third at Martinsville has to keep Junior Nation appeased after two sub-par weeks at Bristol and Fontana.
Previous ranking: Second, +1
2. Carl Edwards - It was a rough weekend at Martinsville for Cousin Carl, who clipped Matt Kenseth on pit road and spun out untouched late in the race before falling to 13th. Look for a big rebound this weekend at Texas.
Previous ranking: First, -1
3. Jeff Gordon - A 12th at Martinsville might as well be a last-place finish for Gordon, who remains tied with Jimmie Johnson for the most wins at the Paper Clip.
Previous ranking: Fourth, +1
4. Matt Kenseth - It's hard to believe that Kenseth has yet to find Victory Lane, especially when you consider that there have been six different winners so far this season - and the fact that he led the series with seven wins in 2013. A sixth at Martinsville should give him confidence heading to Texas.
Previous ranking: Fifth, +1
5. Brad Keselowski - It's safe to say that Bad Brad was mad at Martinsville after a run-in with Kurt Busch. He says there won't be any carryover, but with those two explosive personalities it's a safe bet there could be a duel at TMS.
Previous ranking: Third, -2
6. Jimmie Johnson - The six-time champ has led 400 of 706 total laps the last two weeks. And yet, no wins. Something's got to give.
Previous ranking: Ninth, +3
7. Joey Logano - His third fourth-place finish of the season, Sliced Bread looks back on track after a pair of bad weeks. Expect him to contend this weekend in the Lone Star State.
Previous ranking: Eighth, +1
8. Kurt Busch - Now that's what NASCAR was hoping for when it put the new emphasis on winning this season. Busch didn't want to settle for a "good points day" and instead pushed past JJ for the big victory.
Previous ranking: NR
9. Kyle Busch - After starting on the pole, a 14th has to be highly disappointing. Then again, Martinsville has always been a mystery for Rowdy.
Previous ranking: Sixth, -3
10. Kyle Larson - Hanging by thread is the rookie, but no need to send him packing yet.
Previous ranking: Seventh, -3
Wave Around: Marcos Ambrose - That's two fifth-place finishes at short tracks (Bristol and Martinsville) for the Aussie this season.
Out of MMPR: Ryan Newman
Previous MMPR No. 1s
Week 1 - Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Week 2 - Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Week 3 - Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Week 4 - Brad Keselowski
Week 5 - Carl Edwards
*This list is comprised of drivers that compete in the Sprint Cup Series on full-time basis.