Joey Polewarczyk, Jr. of Hudson, NH solidified his American Canadian Tour point lead with his first win of the season in the ACT Can-Am 200 at Circuit Riverside Speedway in St-Croix, QC on Saturday, August 23. Polewarczyk became the eighth different ACT winner in the first eight point counting events and pocketed over $5,000 for the victory. Serie ACT point leader Alex Labbe claimed second in the race, which was the seventh event on the Quebec-based series.
Polewarczyk started in the fourth position on the 33 car field and ran in the top five throughout the 200 lap event. He started outside Wayne Helliwell, Jr. on the 12th and final restart of the race with 25 laps remaining. Helliwell had led the majority of the event and still seemed to have the race in hand as Polewarczyk slipped back to second on the restart. Just a few laps later, however, Helliwell's steering column broke ending his day and handing the lead to Polewarczyk.
Polewarczyk held off Labbe over the final 20 laps to claim the win. The remainder of the top five were all Serie ACT teams with Jean-François Déry, Steven Boissonneault, and Jonathan Bouvrette. Rowland Robinson, Jr. had a solid day with a sixth place effort followed by Ben Ashline, Ray Parent, Claude Leclerc, and Jeff White.
The 200 lap event was completed in two hours and thirty-six minutes with a total of 12 cautions including a 15 minute mandatory pit stop near the halfway point for fuel and tires. A total of 35 American Canadian Tour Late Models were on hand for the event, but Bobby Therrien blew a motor in practice and John Falconi suffered a hard wreck in his heat race.
The field was 33 cars strong at the start of the event and 16 cars were on the track for the finish although Nick Sweet failed to take the checkers as he came to a stop on the back stretch with a motor issue. Patrick Cliche was disqualified from the event for a race violation.
Joey Polewarczyk, Jr. becomes the latest qualifier for the 6th annual Bond Auto ACT Invitational at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon, NH on Saturday, September 20. The race will be part of a tripleheader event with the NASCAR Trucks and the Whelen Modifieds.
The ACT US series will conclude their 2014 season with the Fall Foliage 200 at Airborne Speedway in Plattsburgh, NY on Saturday, September 27. The Serie ACT will be back in action next Sunday, August 31 with the Montmagny 250 at Autodrome Montmagny in Montmagny, QC.
ACT Can-Am 200 Unofficial Results
Circuit Riverside Speedway - St-Croix, Quebec
Saturday, August 23, 2014
Pos. (Start) Driver, Hometown, Laps Completed
1. (4) Joey Polewarczyk Jr., Hudson, NH, 200 Laps
2. (1) Alex Labbe, St-Albert, QC, 200 Laps
3. (11) Jean-Francois Dery, Quebec, QC, 200 Laps
4. (5) Steven Boissonneault, Lyster, QC, 200 Laps
5. (7) Jonathan Bouvrette, Blainville, QC, 200 Laps
6. (6) Rowland Robinson Jr., Steuben, ME, 200 Laps
7. (13) Ben Ashline, Pittston, ME, 200 Laps
8. (21) Ray Parent, Tiverton, RI, 200 Laps
9. (12) Claude Leclerc, Lanoraie, QC, 200 Laps
10. (19) Jeff White, Winthrop, ME, 200 Laps
11. (24) Patrick Boyer, Quebec, QC, 200 Laps
12. (16) Nick Sweet, Barre, VT, 199 Laps
13. (18) Dave Coursol, St-Jerome, QC, 198 Laps
14. (30) Rejean Bissonette, St-Adele, QC, 195 Laps
15. (31) Carl Poulin, East Broughton, QC, 189 Laps
16. (26) Emily Packard, E. Montpelier, VT, 189 Laps
17. (10) Wayne Helliwell Jr., Dover, NH, 178 Laps
18. (33) Donald Theetge, Boischatel, QC, 175 Laps
19. (15) Martin Goulet, Jr., Mascouche, QC, 166 Laps
20. (28) #Matt Anderson, Franklin, NH, 159 Laps
21. (8) Kyle Welch, Newport, NH, 147 Laps
22. (17) #Brandon Atkins, AuSable Forks, NY, 130 Laps
23. (23) Patrick Hamel, St-Croix, QC, 130 Laps
24. (3) Jimmy Hebert, Williamstown, VT, 130 Laps
25. (29) Jacques Poulin, East Broughton, QC, 88 Laps
26. (2) Dany Trepanier, St-Edouard, QC, 78 Laps
27. (32) Daniel Descoste, Saint Joseph, QC, 63 Laps
28. (22) Stephane Descoste, Oka, QC, 58 Laps
29. (9) Jonathan Desbiens, Levis, QC, 24 Laps
30. (25) Gaetan Gaudreault, Quebec, QC, 1 Laps
31. (27) #Mike Ziter, Williamstown, VT, 1 Laps
32. (20) Lucein Rocheleau, Terrebone, QC, 0 Laps
DSQ (14) Patrick Cliche , St-Jean-Chrys., QC, 0 Laps
Lap Leaders: Alex Labbe, 1-61; Wayne Helliwell, Jr., 62-92; Labbe, 93-96; Helliwell, 97-178; Joey Polewarczyk, Jr, 179-200.
Time of Race: 2:36:48
Margin of Victory: 1.431 seconds
Cautions: 12 (laps 2, 27, 29, 42, 53, 56, 58, 90, 93, 129, 133, 175)