|03/16/18||NHMS Salutes Granite State Military Members|
|03/15/18||Favorite Driver Bracket Challenge|
|03/02/18||Apply to Join the NHMS Fan Council|
|03/01/18||Lucky Month Giveaways|
|02/23/18||Award-Winning Inaugural Year for Museum|
|01/31/18||Another One For The Birds?|
Nonprofits Head to Victory Lane
Local nonprofits throughout New England were victorious at New Hampshire Motor Speedway during the NASCAR weekend July 10-13. Between the help of volunteer organizations and the events put on by the New Hampshire Chapter of Speedway Children's Charities, a total of $252,313 was generated over the four-day event weekend.
During each major event weekend, the Magic Mile leans on teams of enthusiastic fundraising organizations to assist, including helping with parking, landscaping, cleaning, ushering and much more. In return, the speedway donates money to each group that goes toward the nonprofit organization their representing.
"It's pretty simple, we couldn't do what we do without the help of our wonderful volunteers," said Jerry Gappens, executive vice president and general manager of the speedway. "Our goal is make sure that our fans and guests leave New Hampshire Motor Speedway feeling completely satisfied with our on- and off-track product. Our volunteers play a tremendously big role in making sure that happens."
A total of 57 organizations were represented at the speedway and thanks to the hard work and dedication of those volunteers, more than $129,000 in revenue was generated. Checks ranged from $157 to over $7,000 for each group.
Volunteer groups traveled from all across New England to participate. Among those groups was Teen Challenge, a group of teens and young adults from Vermont, Maine and New Hampshire that put in more than 1,500 community service hours over the last couple months, leading right into and through race week.
The New Hampshire Chapter of Speedway Children's Charities also had a strong Camping World RV Sales 301 NASCAR weekend. Thanks in large part to events like the Ricky Craven's "One for the Kids" Golf Tournament, Champions Breakfast and the Red Bucket Brigade, SCC raised more than $122,000 for local children's charities and groups.
"What an amazing weekend," said Cheryl LaPrade, director of SCC's NH Chapter. "I can't thank everyone enough - from drivers to fans to volunteers. I'm already looking forward to what we can do in September as we attempt to reach our goal to break a million dollars."
With the September 21 SYLVANIA 300 NASCAR weekend fast approaching, the speedway will once again be looking for assistance from local nonprofit groups and volunteers, ages 14 and older. For more information on becoming a NHMS volunteer please visit http://www.nhms.com/speedway/fundraising/.
A list of volunteer groups include:
- Alpha Omega (UMass Lowell)
- Antrim Baptist Church
- Belmont High School
- Campbell High School
- East Congregational Church
- Epsom-Chichester Lions
- Franklin Football
- Gonic School PTA
- Grand Chapter of NH Order of the Eastern Starts
- Hampston Falls Baptist Church
- International Order of the Rainbow Girls, Inc.
- Kappa Chi (Southern New Hampshire University)
- Kappa Delta Nas (Plymouth State University)
- Kappa Sigma (Plymouth State University)
- Kappa Upsilon (UMass Lowell)
- Keene State Swimming
- Knights of Columbus #92, #8544, #10943, #10973
- Lutheran Winni Week
- Merrimack Chapter of Parents of Murdered Children
- Miss Lakes Region
- Nashua Community College
- Nashua Police Athletic League
- Newfound Regional High School Class of 2015
- Newfound Field Hockey
- Norwich University Men's Basketball
- Norwich University Women's Basketball
- NOSC Manchester Navy Ball
- Phi Omega Psi (Southern New Hampshire University)
- Rivier University Men's Basketball
- Roger Allen Baseball
- Rolling Thunder NH-1
- Seven Lakes Snowmobile Club
- Shaker Regional School District
- Sigma Phi Omicron (UMass Lowell)
- Sigma Tau Gamma Epsilon Delta (UMass Lowell)
- 64 ARS Booster Club
- Somersworth High School Cheerleaders
- Somersworth High School Class of 2016
- Somersworth Hockey
- Southern NH Spirit Boosters
- Teal Black and Blue Booster Club
- Teen Challenge Maine
- Teen Challenge Vermont
- Trinity Robotics
- Boy Scout Troop #260
- University of New England
- UPS/United Way
- West Congregational Church
- White Mountain Regional High School JROTC