|09/24/17||Kyle Busch Wins ISM Connect 300|
|09/23/17||Modified Season Sweep for Santos|
|09/23/17||Bell Wins UNOH 175 Truck Series Race|
|09/22/17||Mile Kyle: Busch Takes Pole for ISM Connect 300|
|09/22/17||Short Track Extravaganza Set for Sept. 2018|
|09/22/17||New England Themed Going Away Gift for Junior|
Traffic Control Plans for July 17 Cup Race
Through the cooperative efforts of the New Hampshire Department of Transportation, local officials, New Hampshire State Police and New Hampshire Motor Speedway, a comprehensive traffic control plan will once again be implemented on Sunday, July 17, 2016 for over 100,000 spectators and 37,700 vehicles expected to attend the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. Please note the race starts at 1:30 p.m., with the period of maximum traffic congestion occurring in the late afternoon and early evening hours.
The traffic control measures planned for the July 17 race involving NH 106, I-393 and I-93 include:
- On race day morning, the I-93 northbound Exit 15E off ramp will provide two temporary lanes of traffic onto I?393 eastbound. In order to reduce congestion on I-93 and promote safety, the I-93 northbound on ramp at Exit 14 (Loudon Road) will be closed from 5:00-10:30 a.m. The ramp traffic will be detoured to either I-393 Exit 1 via Fort Eddy Road or I-93 Exit 15 via Loudon Road and North Main Street. The I-393 Exit 1 eastbound off ramp to Fort Eddy Road will be closed from 5:00-10:30 a.m. Ramp traffic will be detoured off I?393 via Stickney Avenue or I-393 Exit 2 (East Side Drive).
- The I-93 Exit 12S southbound on ramp from NH 3A will be closed from approximately 10:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Motorists will be directed to use I-93 northbound to reverse direction at Exit 13 (use northbound off ramp and turn left to southbound on ramp). Access to I-89 is available at the NH 3A/I-89 intersection in Bow.
- Special measures will be used on I-93 from approximately 11:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. of July 17. Three southbound travel lanes will be provided for five miles on I-93 from Exit 15 (I-393) to south of Exit 12. This will be accomplished by using the right shoulder as a third southbound travel lane. As traffic approaches Exit 15 from the north, traffic from I-393 west will be received on the shoulder as a new lane. All southbound I-93 traffic destined for I-89 or Exits 12&13 should use the shoulder travel lane after the Exit 15 interchange.
- The I-393 eastbound off ramp to I-93 south will be closed from approximately 11:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Motorists attempting to use the ramp will be diverted to Stickney Avenue from which they can access I-93 south at Exit 14.
- The I-93 Exit 14 southbound off ramp and the I-93 Exit 15E southbound off ramp to I-393 eastbound will be closed from approximately 11:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Motorists will be directed to use Exit 15W to reach Exit 14 destinations.
- Special measures on I-393 westbound will also be in effect at Exit 15 to enhance access to I-93 southbound. From approximately 4:00-9:30 p.m., the loop ramp for this movement will provide two lanes of traffic. The two lanes will be merged onto the I-93 southbound shoulder.
- The I-393 Exit 1 westbound on ramp from Fort Eddy Road will be closed from approximately 3:00-9:30 p.m.
- At the I-393 and I-93 interchange, the I?93 northbound off ramp to I-393 west (Exit 15W) will be closed from approximately 3:00-9:30 p.m.
NH 106 Corridor
- On race day morning, NH 106 will be two lanes northbound and one lane southbound from I-393 to the intersection of Shaker Road. There will be three lanes northbound and one lane southbound from there to the NHMS south access road. As traffic builds up in the three northbound lanes, traffic control personnel will extend the three lanes southerly to approximately Sheep Rock Road.
- Between 2:30 p.m. and approximately 9:30 p.m., NH 106 will be closed to northbound traffic from I-393 in Concord to NHMS. During this time, three temporary southbound lanes will be provided on NH 106. For safety reasons, the intersections of the following roads with NH 106 will be closed during the one-way conversion: Josiah Bartlett Road, Wales Bridge Road, South Village Road, Sheep Rock Road, Currier Road, North Village Road, Clough Pond Road, Mudgett Hill Road, and Hollow Root Road.
- Motorists using Clough Hill Road, Voted Road, Beck Road, Shaker Road, Soucook Lane, North Village Road, Goshen Drive, NH 129, East Cooper Street, Hemlock Hill Drive, Chichester Road, and Autumn Drive will be able to enter NH 106, but only for southbound travel. During the approximately seven hour period NH 106 is limited to one-way southbound traffic. Safety vehicles will be stationed at four strategic locations to respond to emergency calls.
- NH 106 in Belmont will again be made one-way northbound between the Concord Street/NH 106 intersection and the intersection of NH 140 and NH 106. This section of roadway will be converted to a temporary two lane one-way northbound roadway between approximately 4:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. On NH 106, two northbound left turn lanes and one thru/right lane will be provided at the NH 140 intersection. Southbound NH 106 traffic will be detoured onto NH 140 west to Concord Street, and then back onto NH 106. North Main Street will be temporarily closed. All other streets in Belmont will continue normal operations.
From approximately 2:30-9:30 p.m., the I-393 Exit 3 eastbound off ramp will be open to southbound NH 106 traffic only, and the northbound 106 travel lane will be closed. The I-393 Exit 3 westbound off ramp will be closed to all traffic.